4theband asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 1 decade ago

cant put on upper eyeliner without impaling my eye!?

i use an eyeliner pencil and it always slips. if i press harder it slips more, and if i press less, the color doesnt show up at all. help!

Favorite Answer

Hi, I actually read this really good article about applying eyeliner, you'll find more useful information there I'm sure, I did

http://www.carefair.com/Makeup/Eyes-and-Lips/Apply...

Hold the eye closed, and pull at the outside corner towards your temple to straighten the line and smooth the skin out. Make sure the tip is sharp, but not REALLY sharp and pointy. Cheap ones will not show color well...I like the liquid kind better, but they take some practise (just make sure you don't have much on the brush and start out light.)

Hold the outer corner of your eyelid toward the ear. This gives a straight line to apply the eyeliner. Then apply eyeliner little by little. This ensures that your eyeliner line will be straight. AND it keeps you from poking yourself in the eye!

use a skinny eyeliner brush and get it damp before you rub it onto your powder eyeliner and then apply lightly into and a little above them. even though you won't be pushing it down hard, the color will be darker because of the dampened brush.

close your eye. and stretch it out (you know hold the edge and pull it doesn't hurt) put it on mediumly, OR use liqiud eyeliner and your won't have that prob. its a brush. and it goes on the same everytime.

use liquid eyeliner and pratice or get the color tattooed on

use your pinky to help guide and steady your hand, or get an eyeliner that goes on easyer.

liquid.......its gods gift!!!