What allergy medication works for you? (over the counter)?

Favorite Answer

It all depends on what you are looking for. There are many allergy medications that are over the counter. If you do not want to be drowsy, my personal favorite is Zyrtec (24 hrs). I have had serious allergies evern since I was born and It usually works out the best for me. Claritin also works, but not as well as Zyrtec for me. If you can afford to be drowsy, you can try Benedrol. If you take it, get ready to sleep the whole day and expect not to drive because that will make you super sleepy and it will be dangerous to go on the road.

Usually when you see allergy medicines, if the allergy medicines are drowsy, those are the first-line allergy medicines, meaning they were old ones. But those are usualy the ones that works very well though it causes drowsyness. The new and developed medicines are mostly non-drowsy. Overall, I think Zyrtec is the way to go when you need to work/go to school.

I like Claritin for over the counter. When I had insurance I loved allegra.

I like Claritin, but I also like to use Zicam allergy formula

Source(s): RN
  • Corona

Actifed...of course now I have to show my license and sign for it behind the counter.

loratadine works really you can get it at stores like Kroger, cvs,or any kind of pharmacy

Loratadine, zyrtec and flurinol, they are really work for me.

claritin