I have a 1997 SOHC, AT dodge neon that wont get spark?

New head gasket job, I started it up and ran great 5+ starts and then nothing. Engine shut down no sounds or anything. I checked all fuses and relays and I am not geting spark but I am geting fuel. I am not getting any voltage out of the feed to the coil. I replaced the cam pos. sensor and had the crank sensor check, good. It cranks great but still, no spark. I also tested the coil pack and it was good, and like I said I wasnt getting anything TO the coil. I cleaned all connections twice, and studied the wiring schematics.NOTHING!!! INFURIATING!!! I have talked to mechanics and experts but they havent told me anything I dont know. Possibly could be a fault in the ASD cicuit after the fuel injectors?? I am 14 and this was my first head gasket job on my sisters car and I recieved no help, my father lives in florida. Like I said the car was running great 5+ start ups after I finished the head gasket Then it cut out, no noises or smoke. Any help will be thanked with MUCH praise!!!

Favorite Answer

Nice. You have done your home work. Did you have the coil pack tested? If you have and it tested good then my only thought left would be the timing belt jumped on you. Bring the crank around to TDC and check the cam. If they are not lined up you've jumped your timing belt. Reset the timing and it should run fine. You may also need to get an OBD II computer and conduct a relearn on the sensors. Let me know if you need more help.

Source(s): 15 years restoring and repairing classic cars.

Sounds like you know more than I. I had a problem with my Audi a while ago and it ended up being the rotor button inside the distributor cap. It was worn down and not making the connections anymore to spark to each cylinder. My brothers truck had a similar problem I couldnt figure out. The first time it was the coil wire. I think it was bad or arcing. Then it was his electronic ignition something. Just some thoughts.

If you are not getting fire to the coil then your coil wire is bad or when you did the head gasket you could have mess the computer up no it. If you did not disconnect the battery.

It sounds like its an ignition module. Not sure where they hide them though.