Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

Why for the love of GOD does everybody refer to san diego's RB as LT? There is can only be one LT!?

Favorite Answer

You're right, there can only be one LT. And it's no longer Lawrence Taylor. LT is better at his position than Taylor was, and he is one of the best role models to ever play the game. Taylor was a crackhead, he doesn't deserve the name "LT". Tomlinson is now and forever "LT" whether you like it or not.

Reens I am plenty old enough to remember Taylors entire career, including his suspensions for cocaine abuse, his alcoholism, his claiming to have sent prostitutes to opposing players hotel rooms, he deserves to have his moniker passed on to the more deserving Tomlinson. (Who by the way, IS a better football player).

Ladainian is the LT of this nfl generation I believe they gave him that nickname because he is the LT of offense as Lawrence Taylor was the LT of defense

I figure everyone is calling LaDainian Tomlinson LT because of his First and Last name...the Same reason they called Lawrence Taylor LT...

Six String that's the dumbest answer ever. You must not be old to enough to remember the real LT. I will say this, I am happy to even be watching Tomlinson right now because he is something special.

My Gawd I can't believe that I am forced to agree with Mr. "Samauri" on anything concerning the Chargers, but he's right on the money on this one. The modern LT is simply "eclipsing" the old one, all there is to it.......

(now that I've agreed with you, will you please stop chanting 10-2, 10-2, 10-2? Its annoying..........)

if u watch, follow, hear, or know of football, u should know who LT is, even if u dont like the chargers. . . now if u have no idea who he is, u must not be a fan of the sport

Should we refer to him as the LT that isnt on dope?

times change buddy, plus LADANIAN TOMLINSON is a really long name to say....I'm sure the original LT(Lawrence Taylor) doesn't mind that very much...

You would have to be stupid if you didn't know who LT is.