Help!!!!! I don't know how to do something which is probably really simple!!!!?

I want to know how to type in the small initials for the word "trademark" (you know where the tm appears to the top-right of a brand name), but I can't figure out how to do so on my keyboard. Alternatively I'd like to know how to make the "r" with a circle around it (short for "registered") or the "c" with a circle around it (short for "copyright"). I've seen it on other people's bebo and myspace sites,so i know it can be done, but I'm just a hopeless technophobe!! Help!!

9 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Go to Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>Character Map. Scroll down the list and you should be able to find "TM" somewhere...Along with (R) and (C), plus many others...

  • 1 decade ago

    The first answer nailed it for MS Word. I'll add that you can select any text in MS Word and then choose Format --> Font from the menu bar. From there you can use superscript for things like "tm" and subscript for things like footnotes. In fact, all of Word's formatting options are available at that point.

    If you are using an ASCII text editor like notepad or most web site text windows, there is no way to get special characters.

  • 1 decade ago

    In Word, you can cut and paste them from another application, but in HTML this won't work reliably.

    In HTML, you need to use codes called "HTML Character Entities". They start with an ampersand (&) and end with a semicolon (;) and have some letter or numeric code in between. They display on a website as a special character.

    For a list of most html character entities:

    You can see the code for all of the symbols you're looking for on that page.

  • xerocs
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

    help they are ASCII characters and just because you use them doesn't mean you own the TM or the Copyright to anything....

    ™ for TM that is & # 1 5 3 no spaces


    © for Copyright & # 1 6 9 no spaces

    don't forget to give me the best answer....

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

    It is called the character map, in the run box type charmap.exe

    this is where you will find what you are looking for. hope this helps

    spider man.

  • 1 decade ago

    In word you can use (r) (tm) or (c)

    you can also use insert symbol in most programs

  • 1 decade ago

    like in word you can do subscript ( cntrl+ +) or supersubscript (cntrl+shift+ +) which puts anything above or below the line

  • 1 decade ago

    cut and paste it! use ctrl then c to cut, then ctrl v, to paste it where you want it. save them in any file for future use.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.