I just got word from the Doctor that I have a 25% Permanent Disablity due to my Left Rotator Cuff?

The main question is Is this a settlement issue. If so then the amount in a ball park range. A work retraining issue. If so then is this like going to community college or such as that or maybe monthly checks from the Federal Goverment. If so then how much is a normal amount. All of this is taking place in North Carolina.. I have limited strength, moblity and moderate to severe pain constantly.

6 Answers

  • ?
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    if you are trying for disability then it is defferent in each state and they will have to see if you can get this. good luck

  • The Worker's Compensation Laws of North Carolina utilize the American Medical Association's Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment is determining a 25% impairment rating which is not synonymous with 'disability' and there is no way to estimate your settlement as this is largely dependent upon your employer, previous position, and last salary figure. The checks would come from your employer or North Carolina and not the Federal Government unless your work was off the Carolina shore in which case the Jones Act would apply. Compensation may be in the form of a lump sum or monthly installments and these payments would not be reduced in the event of future employment even if you were making more than at the position when you were injured. Impairment ratings under the AMA guidelines should be objective and reproducible so the monetary award should be the same meaning that hiring an attorney and or questioning the sum is not likely to make a difference. Such monetary awards are determined by a Judge of Adjudicant who may not be a Judge but if the event of the latter they should actually have more training and experience in this regard. I am a Designated Doctor for the fine State of Texas for the determination and evaluation of permanent impairment so if I may be of further assistance please let me know. I am very sorry to hear of your injury and wish you the very best in the future.

  • 1 decade ago

    They will make you go thru Physical Therapy and if that does not help...your Dr. can give you a note with restrictions...like must stand up every hour and if that does not work or there is no job of any kind you can do, then your Dr. will write up chart notes and let the Social Security office know that you will be suing for permanent disability. First you fillout all the government paperwork and you must go to the Dr.often and to trheir Drs....YOU WILL ALWAYS BE DENIED THE FIRST TIME 99% OF THE TIME. The whole Drs. and Lawyers and you going to Drs many times. It takes about 3-4 years to settle, my case is coming up the end of the year and you will get all your Social Security back...to when the day you became disabled...so you get $2000.00 a month for 4 years you had to wait...you will get close to $100,000.00 plus your $2000.00 a month and I have an attorney that takes the payment on the backend...so no money out of pocket and they only take 10% off the top. If you lose they do not get paid.


    Source(s): I am an expert as I have been doing this for nearly 5 years...and I worked in the medical fieldfor over 20 years
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    hmmm im not sure about how much cash you can get for disability however you arent permanently disabled right i mean it is what you say it is 25% permanent but you can still move it and use it right? i donno botu the cash deal but have you checked into going for therapy for it id start with a physio therapist but add in a massage therapist to work the compesating structures as well as check with a trainer at a gym for some strengthening exercises for the cuff muscles ~~hope that helps a lil~~take care:)

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    What about a disablility allowance? In Australia they have toughened up the laws with disability payments. If you can work or do a course where you live even better.

  • Dan
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

    Concern yourself with your recovery and getting better rather than how much money your could possibly get or if you can go on disability.

    Source(s): I am a PT (Physical Therapist).
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.