Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 1 decade ago

Louis Vuitton too much for Christmas?

I asked my parents for a Louis Vuitton purse for Christmas and I REALLY want it, is that selfish?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

No, if your parents are rich and can afford it then its not a big deal, just don't get it off ebay or online, get it from a louis vuitton store.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You can always ask but have a backup. You can buy a few Vuittons for $400+ but that is on the lower end. Have a backup of something you might also like such as Dooney and Burke or Coach. Have a couple styles picked out so you don't end up with one you don't like. If you want a designer purse, try Bluefly.com. They have designer hangbags for less. Always TJMaxx and Marshalls have Dooney's and Coach's for cheaper. Vuitton is a bit pricess if you are still in school but it never hurts to ask, but just so you don't end up wiht something you really don't like instead have backups ready.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Not if its the only think you asked for. It also depends on the price and your age. If you are like 14-17, personally i think that dooney and bourke is more age appropriate. Louis Vuitton is so expensive, unless they get it on Ebay. I guess its really up to your parents and how much they are willing to spend on a purse.

• 1 decade ago

It definitely depends on whether they can afford it. If you've mentioned it before and they haven't seemed keen of the idea, it might not have been a good choice to ask for for Christmas. But otherwise, and depending on how many other things you asked for, it may be just fine.

They could try getting one off ebay or overstock.com, or looking in consignment shops for one. Just don't expect anything too extravagant, like one of the huge totes, and I think it'll work out fine. Happy Holidays!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago

I actually have deal with this discount store and bought one there. Not fully remarkable upon the delivery speed but did save money about 71% and happy for this. The quality is really good and until today never spot a defects.

• 1 decade ago

depends on ur age. if ur under 17 yes. if you're over 17 and have a job not really. just to let u no...a good lv purse is like $2000. Why not settle for something cheaper like Coach or Dooney?

besides...coach and dooney have cuter purses

• Louie Vuitton purses are beyond ugly. How about getting something cute and unique instead?

• 1 decade ago

i think it depends on there budget if your poor you shouldn't ask for a vuitton purse you should ask for a wal-mart purse, if you are average you should ask for a chanel bag, but if you have a-lot of money you should ask for french dior purse or vuitton purse

• 1 decade ago

Depends, but parents are really the only people you can ask for something like that.

=)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No, not selfish, we should all get one!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.