does it help prevent a hangover if you take Advil before you start drinking?

Favorite Answer

It can help, BUT it is not a good idea to do this regularly. Your liver is already working to process the alcohol, and pain killers like ibuprophen and acetaminophen are also processed through the liver, so your basically asking that organ to do a lot, which is particularly bad for your liver in the long run. Remember, the hangover is your body's way of saying 'everything in moderation'. To better avoid a hangover, drink plenty of water between alcoholic drinks.

The last thing you should be doing when drinking is taking Advil- you can damage your liver. This is a well-established fact.

To really prevent a hangover (aside from the obvious statement "don't drink too much") take one B-12 vitamin after your first drink, and then one before you go to bed. Also, drink a lot of water or gatorade before bed as well.

No, but it can give you nasty heartburn. I only know of one way to prevent hangover: eat chicken (or cheese and nuts if you do not eat meat) with some bread (not crackers they are too salty and will make a hangover worse) before you drink. Drink a glass of water for each alcoholic drink you drink. If you feel like eating nasty greasy food, while drunk, do it. Drink a lot of V8 and take a Motrin before you go to bed after drinking. Drink some more V8 when you wake up, and eat breakfast, even if it's only a slice of toast with butter.

Do not drink and drive.

Nope...but...in order to prevent a hangover...try not to over indulge, DO NOT MIX booze too much (ie: beer and tequila or what ever shot's is OK, but don't throw in another type) or you will regret it.

Also, try throwing in a glass of WATER every other drink. It will keep you hydrated and help you not drink as much.

Finally, an Advil after you puke (forced or not) and before you pass out will help as well.

Trust me...I've had YEARS worth of experience.

Advil + Alcohol = Serious Liver Damage

Mark

Vitamin C pill works every time!

Also, I agree with the cheeseburger answer. I used to go the cafe at the dorm and load up on Burger and Fries and felt much better on the morning after. Of course, if i had brought home someone cute that night, I would of skip breakfast and go straight to the buffet line.

Source(s): 5 years of college drinking and occasional studying.

They have a hangover pill that they sell at walgreens. My cousin takes it all the time and it works. You take before you start drinking. Hope you find it.

I was told by a chemist that if you take B and E vitamins and drink one glass of water inbetween drinks you can drink as much as you want and not get drunk. I am not sure the truth to this because I really don't drink that much but he states it works.

no.

the main effect of a hangover is dehydration, so loading up with some water before you start drinking helps, as does driniking a lot of water before you go to bed,

take milk thistle,get it out of holland and barrets iv'e being taking it for about 3 years and never get a hangover,and boy do i like a drink