My husband calls paying bills "helping" is that weird or am I being sensitive?

Everytime he pays a bill of "mine" (a bill that was due before our marriage ie: car payment) he says he is happy to help....is that weird?

Favorite Answer

Well, if you don't think it's helpful, then I think you are being ungrateful.

Maybe you want him to be helpful in different ways, and that is ok. However, I certainly wouldn't discount that what he is doing is helpful.

Start from there, and express gratitude. Then you can lead him towards the activities where you would be even more grateful.

But build on success, instead of simply being critical if what he doesn't isn't exactly what you want.

Not really. Not exactly sure what you want to call it but Id be happy and thankful hes paying them. So if it makes him happyor feel important then let him pay for everything and I wouldnt think too much of it and if he would like to pay some more,I bet theres alot of people out here who could gladly give him some more and wouldnt even think anything about it. Forget about it.

Source(s): Florida Paralegal with a BS degree in Social-Pyschology

Thats very nice of him yes. Make sure you don't use his kindness or over due it. Thoughtful he must care for you very much. I hope you both pay it off soon and don't get behind again. You shouldn't have to look at him as he will bail you out each time. not that you are of course.

I don't see that as weird at all. As a matter of fact, you should be pretty grateful that he does that.

I sure wouldn't do that cr@p for my wife (and she had a ton of bills) before she met me.

No, I don't see it as weird.

You should be able to pay your own bills.

If he is paying your bill then he is helping you out.

If he wasn't there you wouldn't be able to pay it.

I would be grateful to him or do you see that the money he earns as yours?

In my marriage it would be, but I have a friend who borrows money from her husband, so whatever works I guess.

Serve him dinner and tell him you are happy to help.

Do his laundry and tell him you are happy to help.

Clean the house and tell him you are happy to help.....

Anything else? Happy to help.....