what is the difference between mint extract and peppermint extract?

Favorite Answer

Don't substitute if you really want peppermint flavor! I did last year with Christmas mints because I couldn't find Peppermint. Mint Extract tastes like Spearmint - I don't like it at all.

Source(s): Tried it! Ech!
  • bae

Mint Extract Vs Peppermint Extract

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): difference mint extract peppermint extract: https://biturl.im/HpQ3F

mint extract could be any mint- peppermint, spearmint, wintergreen, mixture of them or some artificial flavor. I'm always wary of "mint" because I'm allergic to spearmint.

mint is leafy and sweet, more like an herb, like basil. Peppermint is strong and a little caustic, think Altoids, it's much closer to a genuine baking flavor (like almond or vanilla)

Are you serious. Ok pepermint tastes like a candy cane and mint tastes like the thin mint cookies (girl scouts)

mint is a refreshing flavor usually green are andes mints

peppermint is like mint drops that are minty but usually red and white and are candy canes

mint is a plant, peppermint is a flavor

mint and peppermint are two different plants that taste differently.