Why don't American like soccer?

Favorite Answer

That's not true there are many Americans that love soccer, but the major sports in the US and Canada are Hockey , Baseball and Football!

American Football is sucha big thing here in america. Some americans think soccer is boring and long. Also Football is an american past time along with baseball. I wish Americans could get into soccer.

Americans like soccer it's becoming the fastest growing sport in this country, there are other sports that have been more dominating for several years, and soccer is finally catching on in the U.S., at one time in the 70's soccer did rule America, check out this movie called Once in a Lifetime: The Story of the New York Cosmos, great movie about one man who brought socccer to America, and the one player who brought the fans to enjoy the game of soccer.....

The ones that do love it. I guess you are a product of your environment and football (soccer) is not what they have grown up with as a sporting nation. We have the same problem in Australia to a degree, being brought up on League, Union, AFL and cricket, but fortunately that is changing and it's now the biggest sport participation wise for children. I guess as success comes so does popularity and the financial support needed to go to the next level and compete against the more accepted sports.

Because we are already too into Football. There is an american soccer fan base out there it's just not known as much as Football.

Im American (and german) and I love soccer my best friends are on some sort of soccer team and im planning to join in high school (my school only has soccer teams in high school or reacreation )

I live in America and I like soccer.

I'm American and I like soccer! :)

• Kevin

man i dont like soccer i love the damn game and im american. anyways here in the U.S. there are many other major sports and people grown up watchin american football, baseball, baketball and etc. soccer is growin (here in the US) there is no question about it.

• 3lixir

Because it is not a popular sport like it is in Europe. Sure the U.S. have MLS, but I don't think that it's shown quite often like football, basketball or baseball on regular TV channels.