I bought a shirt from Aero it says total flake, what does that mean?

HElp!!!

Favorite Answer

I assume that you mean it says that across the front of the shirt, and going on that assumption I would say that it's a humor message. You know, when someone is forgetful and kind of silly sometimes people call them a flake. Think, like, stereotypical blonds. They are supposedly major flakes.

It's funny-- wear it and grin the entire time. ^_~

A flake is a person who stands people up on dates a lot or isn't reliable.

You refer to someone as "flaky" if he or she isn't that reliable, and a flake is a person who is flaky... so a total flake would probably be someone who is routinely not dependable.

It can also refer to someone odd or unconventional - i.e. someone who doesn't follow typical fashion trends.

I think the idea of a Aero shirt saying "flake" is pretty amusing.

Source(s): www.webster.com - look up "flaky" and click on the second use ("flaky2"). Main Entry: 2flaky Function: adjective Inflected Form(s): flak·i·er; -est Etymology: 4flake : markedly odd or unconventional : OFFBEAT, WACKY - flak·i·ness noun

I know this is really old string........I am looking to buy that Aero Tshirt that says Total Flake. It was my daughter's favorite tshirt and now she's graduating so I wanted to get one to put on a quilt.

If it has a snowflake on the shirt, they are using a double meaning and calling you a snowflake, and the above answers that people have given.

If not, then you are just being called ditzy[it was kind of stupid to buy a shirt without knowing what it meant]

Just kidding.

It means that your unreliable, you ditch friends, you agree to do something but don't do it, or you leave situations quickly and let other people worry about it.

Its not exactly a compliment to be called a flake!

"total flake" may suggest "ditzy" "dumb" "one who just doesn't get it"... I'm sure there refering to something about Christmas and the holidays, but it pretty much means your "slow"

well that was smart of you... buy a shirt that you have no idea what it means. good one!

it means you not to be trusted, no one can depend on you, your unpredictable