what are you feelings on white lying???for instance a lie that won't?

hurt anyone and may help someone??? Because you know how people are now a days...asking you intrusive and very personal questions...i am appalled at some stuff people will ask of others!!!

• KC
    Favorite Answer

I think white lies are okay if they can't be helped, but I think they're better in a situation to *avoid* hurt feelings rather than in a proactive situation.

And remember, you don't have to answer a question just because someone asks. Several advice columns repeatedly advise handling a nosy question you don't want to answer with a smile and a "Why do you want to know?"

I feel that if a little white lie will keep people out of confrontations then it should be ok.

Compounding on that white lie though with other lies, is not a good thing.

I guess it would all depend on the situation at hand....

A lie is a lie, no matter what the size. In the long run, people will respect you for the telling the truth. They will only doubt you if you are caught telling a lie, even a little white one.

My feeling is that "little white lies" are the "gateway drugs" to real, chronic lying. It teaches one to become complacent with lying, which leads to one lying more and more...

Why not choose honesty? It might hurt someone - but is better in the long run...