do you think ny giants made a mistake by trading for eli manning?

Favorite Answer

no.....listen just because the giant are having a 4 game losing steak he's still a good quarterback....philip rivers i think had probably developped a little bit more faster than eli but there both great quarterbacks

now i am really tired of all these quaterback controversies.....seriously its like the kickers job as well.....when the team wins the quarterback gets all the praise and when the team lose its always the quarterbacks fault....nobody seems to look a little further at the supporting cast......football is a team sport not just the quarterback

the chargers receivers are average with the exception of antonio gates but he's a tight end....L.T. is on fire and their defense is amazing right now

the bears have a good defence...the offense is average but there not using grossman well

the giants are just unravaling and their head coach isnt managing the team well

eli will be good.....its just a bad year for them.....dont blame the quarterback just because a team is losing and start looking at other places as well

even though the cowboys are good now their offensive line still needs a little work.......although with all those td's from marrion barber im starting to think it goes more on the part of drew bledsoe and his absolute lack of mobility

im glad my cowboys are winning ha ha ha .........but have hope in your giants altought im kinda glad their losing lol

No, I am a Dallas fan and I think Eli was not a mistake. They just have to come up with better schemes for him. If you noticed he even got more passing yards than Romo last night and that is saying something, especially against the 4th rated defence.

The Dallas defence played a little better and that's it. If I was a Chicago fan and I had Rex Grossman as quarterback right now ,then yes i would be worried.

Peace,

I'm not a Giants fan, but Eli seems to be getting better. Last nights loss against Dallas didnt seem to be his fault. The rest of the Giants team caused dumb penalties, Plaxico knocking down a Cowboy way after the play was over. One of the Giants using his helmet to hit another Cowboy after the play was over. Unnessary roughness towards Terry Glenn when he was already out of bounds. One of the Giants fumbled the ball while he was running with it.

No way. This is only his third year. Hes young and he shows alot of potential....I really like Eli. I have watched him since his rookie year and I I think he will be a great QB. Eli did everything he possibly could last night. There were other problems like all their penalties. The "great" romo the media has been bashing us over the head with didn't play as well as Eli did yesterday.

• kettie

I trust you in this one. i'm a huge fan of Philip Rivers from even as he performed for my widespread college crew, NC State. Lavar Arrington is sweet, yet he receives damage each and each and every time you turn round. the in elementary words memorable element he has performed replaced into end Troy Aikman's career (which I nonetheless have not forgiven him for, i'm a large Cowboys fan.) you're accurate, Merriman is sweet and Eli isn't between the perfect QBs in football. i wish Philip Rivers beats him to a Superbowl win. Have a good day.

I don't think so at all. The problem is everyone is expecting him to be Peyton Manning. The only problem with that is Indy has much better offensive line and skill players, and better coaching I might add. Eli is doing the best he can with what he has.

Not this again.....

NO THEY DID NOT. Gonna compare him to his brother, right?

Or Rothlisberger who, although got to the Super Bowl only because Carson Palmer got hurt, is playing like crap?

Or Philp Rivers, who's playing well because he's got LT to pass for him when he doesnt feel like it?

Can you give Eli a break please? Did you even WATCH the game against Dallas? Romo played like shiit, and Eli had a QB rating of 107.4 at the end.

Mistake??? Who did they trade for???? Eli is not the giants problem!! Their problem is all the egos that are running around up there.

yes the giants made a huge mistake trading for eili manning this guy sucks he's not anything like his brother peyton manning at all

yes I think Rivers was the better QB> Manning is living off of his brother and dads accomplishments. I think he will end up being an above average QB. But that is it. They are already putting to much strain on his developement already. Not good.