When Castro dies, will the US intervene in Cuba?

When he became ill in August, Condoleeza Rice:

"called for release of political prisoners, restoration of fundamental rights and a transition that would quickly lead to multiparty elections."

Favorite Answer

As long as Chavez has or is on the cusp of being re-elected, I would say the US won't have a chance in Cuba for another six years.

No doubt, when Chavez visited Castro, he probably made a deal to help with gas, schools and socialism. With his impending win in Venezuela, there will be plenty of money to spend on Cuba while making them an alli.

When Fidel dies, his little brother Raul is next in line to take over. The U.S. intervenes every day with its trade sanctions that hurt the Cuban people and their economy, yet leave Castro and his friends untouched. We will have to see what Raul decides to do once big bro is out of the picture.

To the U.S., Cuba is barely a splinter in its little finger. Since the fall of the Soviet Union, Cuba has not been much of a threat. While it would absolutely be beneficial to the Cuban people, it seems unlikely that the U.S. is prepared to do anything aggressive.

Mymoney is on them invading Cuba. They've been waiting a LONG time for Cuba. Get the Communists out of there, it's too close to Florida. Might give some people ideas about the evils of capitalism. Wouldnt want that, now, would we?

Well, my personal belief is that it will eventually become a province of the U.S., and when it opens up as free market, purchase dirt cheap land and watch the value increase. Cuba was a hot spot before the revolution for tourists, and could well be a very lucrative investment if not for you, your children and childrens, children. Buy beach front property and lease to some developers that want to build a casino/resort or whatever and rake it in!

In regards to your quote, I really don't understand why the U.S. or its political leaders think that they should be the ones doing this, it's a serious superiority complex, feeling or thinking they're the heroes who "have" to save the world, when actually, the world needs to break free from them. Who gave them that job? Go and mind your own business, and leave the rest of the world alone.

Now, to answer your question, I think the U.S. will of course try to intervene though it shouldn't and I sure hope other countries oppose whatever they'll try to do there.

Well, I think the U.S should intervene in Cuba when Castro dies.

Hell I hope so, we need to get these people out of their "1950's" economy and save them from their communist dictator who believes in the equal distribution of wealth and yet is on the Forbes worlds most rich people list. Anyway, when he dies, we need to help steer them towards democracy, but I think it can be done diplomatically

• C = JD

The U.S. should have punted him from power 50 years ago.

That Communist ogre has taken the jewel of the Carribbean and turned it into an island prison.

Why, do you think the US is afraid of Castro and is gonna do something after he dies?

The US gov't will probably do nothing. But Miami will be in for one hell of a party.