Does age really matter in a relationship???

Does a few years difference really matter? Please...help!! I am not sure what to do.

Favorite Answer

4 a few year, YES.... but if ur 15 and dating 19 thats won't work!

Source(s): :D

Everything matters in a relationship, you can either see it as positive or negative and its only a problem if you make it one. It usually depends on how many years and what age range the couple is in. An 18 year old dating a 30 year old will have less in common (where they are in their life, i.e.: career, money and wants, i.e. marriage, children, etc) than say someone who is 28 and 40. But with patience, communication and understanding, the differences can mean you can learn from eachother rather than fight about it. Its hard though if one person's found their niche and is ready to settle down while the other is just starting their career and finishing school. I think happiness wise, age does not matter, if two people get along, than give it a chance.

Depends on where those 'few' years fall. The difference between an adolescent mind and an adult mind is drastic even with just a few years difference. For instance...a 16 yr old and a 20 yr old are vastly different and this is why it is not legal for a 16 and 20 yr old to have sex. However, if you're talking about two consenting adults then age really isn't that important provided that the two people share common interests. If you're 20 and he's 50, you're into punk music and he's into Jazz..chances are you're not very compatible.

Source(s): Maybe i'm not doing the math right but didn't dinamites answer just above mine say that her husband was 8 yrs older than her? How could her parents mind if she was 17 and he was 23...that's only six years...just wondering

It really depends on how old each of you is. For example, if you're 14 and he's 24, then 10 years makes a HUGE difference, but if you're 24 and he's 34 then it really doesn't matter. My husband and I are 8 years apart, and the older we both get the less it matters.... but it mattered a LOT to my parents when we met and I was 17 and he was 23.

Hope that helps...

If you are a minor it can matter. My husband is 6 years older than I am and I can tell the difference in our ages. When he talks about high school, I was only in elementary school. So we notice our difference in taste of music and things like that.

not really. it depends. i am 18 and my girlfriend is 16 but we have been dating since i was 13 and she was 12. we have known each other for over 10 years because we live in the same orphanage.if you have been dating for years it's okay as long as it's approved. i am her main supporter and we are going to move in together officially in about a year so we can start and raise the family we never had.it all depends on the situation.

No, I do not think that age matter in a realtionship but if the person is old where they can get arrested for someone that is to young then it that case it does matter.

No,I don't think so.My bf is 3 years older than me and I don't have a problem with it,and for the people that do have a problem I just tell them to go to hell,because they are not going to try and tell me how to live.I don't see what the big deal is for a 16 yr old to date a 19 yr old if their not having sex,dating is not against the law.

• Mark K

If someone is an adult(over 18) and someone is under age,then yes it matters..By law.

Other than that,a few years?no.

Well, if your under the age of 18 and your other is older, then yes it is a problem. But, if your over the age of 18,then you really don't have anything to worry about. Age difference is very over-rated....unless your under 18.

• baby1

I'm dating a man 14 years older than me. I've always liked older men. I think it really depends how old you are. If your in your early twenty's, you are certainly going to change your ideas on what you want in a relationship by the time you get to your thirty's.