Did the BCS get it right this year?

I don't see how they possibly did. They punished a team just because they wanted no reamtach and beacuase they didn't play the last 2 weeks (how is this fair)

Now if Michigan got it than they still don't get it right because Florida has a fine case too. So I don't see how the BCS can ever get it right!

Favorite Answer

michigan and florida should had playoff to see who would OHIO STATE

I don't think Florida is a logical choice, so no. Here is my reasoning: The BCS was supposed to pit the two best teams in the country against each other. It shouldn't matter if they are in the same conference. Florida lost to Auburn by 11 at Auburn. Michigan lost to No. 1 Ohio State by 3 points at Ohio State. Florida beat three ranked teams, Michigan beat two ranked teams. I don't want to hear how tough the SEC is either, they are vastly overrated this year, which I think will become obvious after the bowls.

Hard to say the BCS got it right I think it was pure luck, but I do believe that it should be Florida playing Ohio State. Yes, Michigan played a tough game, but the bottom line is they lost, and they should make way for a team that hasn't had a chance. Besides, UM didn't even win their own conference. The last time a team that didn't win their own conference played in the BCS title game was Oklahoma in 2003, who got to play LSU despite getting blown out in the Big 12 title game by Kansas State. And guess what? UO lost to LSU too! We ended up with a split national title that year! I don't think anyone wants that again.

I think they got it right, but how do you know unless a team plays another team and proves they are better than them.

Michigan did play Ohio State, and Ohio State proved they were better than them. Does that make Florida better than Michigan?

I don't know, but Florida had the same record with a tougher schedule. But Michigan lost to #1 as expected.

We could go on and on, but the bottom line is no matter who ended up getting picked, someone was going to be pissed.

• jim

Everyone said USC losing made it more complicated. I think it made the BCS a whole lot easier. Michigan has already lost to Ohio State. USC loses to a non-ranked opponent in UCLA...Florida is the only logical choice left.

i think in the history of the BCS, the only time they got it right was last year when USC played texas in the rose bowl.

other than that, the BCS really sucks. unfortunately, that is what we have now. i'd support a "playoff" system to determine a true champion, but the seedings will be based on....POLLS!

I agree with you completely. It's time the NCAA open it's eyes and start a playoff at the end of each season. They already do it in Division 1-AA, II, and Division III and it works just fine. Who cares if it doesn't generate as much money? It'll be more accurate and more fun to watch.

Yes the BCS did get it right this time.

FLORIDA WILL GET KILLED!!!!

Source(s): COMMON SENSE!
  • ?

lmao !!!!!!! hell no