Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

concerning water baptism?

if today, one is baptized in the name of the FATHER, SON AND HOLY GHOST, how or what did John the Baptist and JESUS baptize in?

any scriptures to support your answer?

Favorite Answer

There is no evidence that Jesus personally baptized anyone. But it was He who commanded the Apostles to baptize in the name of the Trinity - Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, so that is how they baptized, and that is how His Church has baptized every since.

.

Nothing. John at that time was preaching "Repent" and baptizing. That is, he was baptizing with water for repentance. He didn't want to baptize Jesus, but after Jesus insisted, he did it. It was to "fulfill all righteousness" Matt. 3:15. Start reading at Matt.3:11.

• Midge

John just baptized for the grace to be penitent and Jesus did not baptize at all but, the Apostles did.

• ?

when Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan, to be baptized by John. Why, it might be asked, should He "who did no sin" (1 Peter 2:22) seek John's "baptism of penance for the remission of sins" (Luke 3:3)? The Fathers of the Church answer very appropriately that this was the occasion preordained by the Father when Jesus should be manifested to the world as the Son of God; then again, by submitting to it, Jesus sanctioned the baptism of John. "But John stayed him, saying: I ought to be baptized by thee, and comest thou to me?" (Matthew 3:14). These words, implying, as they do, that John knew Jesus,

Baptism of Jesus

Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist in the Jordan river near Bethany. Jesus was about 30 years old when he was baptized.

John the Baptist

John was reluctant to baptize Jesus, for he said "I have need to be baptized by you." John knew that Jesus was the son of God. Jesus had no need to be forgiven of sins because he was sinless.

Knowing John's reluctance, Jesus told him, "It is proper for us to do this to fulfill all righteousness." So John obeyed Jesus and baptized him in the Jordan River.

God's response

When Jesus came up out of the water, the Holy Spirit descended as a dove, and the voice of God spoke from Heaven, saying

"This is my beloved son,

in whom I am well pleased."

He probably just baptised Jesus in the name of God.

" He that believeth and is baptized SHALL BE SAVED; he that believes not SHALL BE DAMNED ". - Jesus

Before I can answer have you looked it up in the Bible yourself?