Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

When do you think the BCS will stop existing?

I hope very soon because it screws teams over every year!

what I'm trying to say is when are we gonna have a playoff system?

Favorite Answer

i remember when you asked a question similar to "Who should play OHIO STATE, mich or FLA. i still agree with you like i did before. I hope it will go away; they really need to figure out something close to an elimination style tournament. I hate to say it but it wot go away for a while because NCAA doesent want unranked teams beating teams that diserve it (all out of luck) like UCLA and USC.

The BCS needs scrapped. There should be a playoff system. Yes, Ohio State should be in The Game this year. Should USC? No. Two losses to unranked teams say they don't go. Michigan? Probably, but they didn't win the Big Ten. Florida? Probably not, but they did win the SEC. The 2 teams in The Game should be conference winners. But if it's the 2 best teams in the nation that should be in the game, there should be a playoff system. Otherwise, Florida is the right team to play Ohio State. But are they number 2? Nope. Michigan would clean the Gators' clock. Scrap the BCS now and do what NCAA Div 1-AA schools do...have a playoff! By the way, I don't think an Ohio State-Michigan rematch would settle things. What if Michigan wins the re-match. Then Ohio State and Michigan each have the same record and would have beaten each other. Just says they are equally matched. And nobody wants co-national champions. That's like kissing your sister. Not cool.

It certainly would be nice for it to just fade away!!! Sadly it won't so there needs to be some big time work to make it better.... No one and I mean no one cries at the end of the NCAA basketball national champ because every team invited has a chance to be #1, since there is no play-off system in college football there will always be problems. Since the inception of the BCS the majority of the years have had a controversy over the outcomes so it certainly needs work...

When a big team like Michigan or Oklahoma gets enough balls to say "Hey, I'm tired of screwin' around with this, I'm out!'

It will never happen though because they all just care about the money. What does it say when the coaches are being payed 10s of times more than professors.

this whole bcs system sucks big time but what can you do about it the ncaa doesn't want a playoff system because there's alot of money to make with all these different bowl games with all these different sponsors sponsoring the games

I wish it would end, and there's contreversies every year. Michigan got robbed, and they messed up my team, the Boston College Eagles, by putting them in the 6th best ACC bowl game, and they were the 3rd highest ranked ACC team!!! We were ranked higher than Georgia Tech, Clemson, and Maryland, but we're in a worse bowl game than them!

When they come up with an elimination-style tournament for the conference champions and significant independents (like what is done for every other sport and for football in the lesser divisions of the NCAA).

In other words, probably never.

Personally I think it'll end when Michigan stops crying about not getting in. Ahhh wishful thinking...kinda soothing until I see Lloyds boys acting like girls...

Source(s): Go Bucks!!!!!!!!
  • ?

not in my life time man because they have been talking about this play off thing for 20 years now nothing have happen

it not going to happen too much money