FULLTILT Poker Online RIGGED ??

Do you think fulltiltpoker.com , the only site I play poker at, is rigged ? There;'s something not right about the random numbers generator and seemed like certain players know the cards I had and many times, players have the same cards , etc.

Does anyone else agree with me ?

• ZCT
    Favorite Answer

No it is not rigged.

Full Tilt is endorsed and played at by some of the worlds best poker players. Why would they choose to play at and endorse a site knowing that it is rigged? Some of the best players in the world would certainly notice if something was up with a site.

Let's be realistic. To rig a poker site would take at least one programmer, but likely more than one. It would take just one other programmer to notice how the program was rigged, print out a section of the code, and release it to the media. In an instant the site would lose its reputation for integrity and half the players would close their accounts.

Why would a multi million dollar company take such a stupid risk? They can earn millions of dollars straight up, why shoot the golden goose?

Even a basic random number generator is going to be capable of randomizing cards every bit as well as a real dealer.

Also have you ever seen poker on TV? How often will a poker great like Daniel Negreanu just call out someones hand? Is poker rigged on TV too, even at the WSOP or WPT? Of course not. Good players will use their powers of deduction to establish what hand you are holding. Often, they will guess pretty close.

So no I don't think that online poker at major sites is rigged in any way. People cannot see your cards. The cards are as random as any Las Vegas casino. You just see more hands online, and remember the weird scenarios.

There may be some conspiracy theorists out there who believe as you do. There may be some bad players who choose to blame the web site rather than their own ineptitude. But common sense has to prevail for most people.

This is the same argument that is going round and round since online poker became so popular. The risk vs. the reward of an online site rigging their poker games is so far skewed there is absolutely no reason the sites would even consider rigging the game. They are making money hand over fist regardless of who wins each tournament or hand. If you watch enough poker both online and on television you will see more and more unbelievable suckouts. The reason for that is there are more and more players who either don't know what they are doing or playing ultra-agressively. If you play a nice strong/tight game in the end you will make money. Your big hands will win the majority of the time.

You have to remember, just because you have the best hand by far preflop, after those three cards anything can happen. You seem to see it more often online because the number of hands dealt per hour is two, three or four times as many as are dealt in a live poker game. That makes it that many more times the "worse" hand is going to win. It's all about perceptions.

I am willing to bet that this was the first time you put real money into play on an online poker site, am I right? Let me clue you in a bit. First off, the sites aren't rigged. Second, it takes lots and lots of practice, meaning thousands and thousands of hands and a lot more than $50, if you every expect to get to the point where you can make money online. I must've gone through $2,000 easily when I first started playing online years ago. I got my butt kicked regularly and I started blaming things on rigged software just as you do. Thousands of hands later, I now realize I was just a bad player. I made about $3,000 this past year in part time play after work. THESE SITES ARE NOT RIGGED.

No. FTP is not rigged. If it was then no one would be a winning player, no one would play on it, or it would be shut down. You must just be bad at poker and just assume that the site has to be rigged since you have no other reasons to fall back on. Also if people 'seem to know your hand' then that is called reading the player. Yes, you can pick up tells online and even name people's hands. I know because I can. My advice is that you just need to read some books or something, don't jump onto the "IT BE RIGGED!!!1!!" group. It makes you look .. dumb.

-Alan

You may find this article interesting, called 'Is Online Poker Rigged?'

http://www.casinotimes.co.uk/articles/2006-09/is-o...

NO!!!!!!, I play poker for a living,and of course I play online almost every days on 5 differents site. I played and saw thousands of thousands of tables, and never had any trouble with that.

I'm sorry but maybe, you need to work more on your poker skill, you might need to correct a few things. And please don't take it bad, i don't know you so I won't criticize your poker, it's just a thought.

One things you can pay attention to is the possibility of 2,3 players working together at the table.

But keep in mind you can contact the site and let them know about any of your troubles and tought.

Hope you had better results in the future, take care and good luck

There's no reason at all why Full Tilt would rig their poker games. They don't care who wins the tournaments, their rake is exactly the same.

PLayers may know your cards because you have a very predictable betting pattern. Trying mixing it up more.

No, but party poker might be! I did find a site design for women. It was conceived with the purpose of creating a poker site where women can come together and play poker in a supportive and fun environment. Their goal is to create a global community where women can play online poker while making friends and exchanging poker tips and ideas. You can find that site at http://upnorthbetting.net/ My girl friends and I play there. Have fun and Good Luck.

The question shouldn't be "is FTP rigged?" but "how stupid do you have to believe that your losing at poker is a result of some vast conspiracy... rather than the fact that you suck at poker?"

I Agree it seems they are rigged. I would be dominating the hand and i would continuously get sucked out by 2 outters (only 2 cards in the deck that would help them) i lost 7 big hands in a row on pokerstars this way. 58- beats qq preflop. its just crappy. I Did a 10,000 person tourney (free roll) and won. I had pocket aces 7 times. It favored me that night but most other night it seems to favor other people. If you play enough u will get your turn.