What can help get over a guy?

I recently broke up with my boyfriend. It wasnt a really long relationship but we were very serious about each other. We still talk but just as friends. The thing is I still love him. He told me he does too, but theres a lot going on in his life right now. So what do I do to get over him. I've tried a lot of things but nothing seems to work.

Favorite Answer

Keep 'faking it until you make it'. Actually, this could be a long process. You'll need to develop new skills and habits. You are used to the idea of being a couple and will need to 'unlearn' a few things. You have to value yourself, and focus on what would make your life better. You've probably heard the usual suggestions about occupying your time with other things, finding someone new to date, etc., and those things could help....but it's really a matter of learning to love yourself. Treat yourself as you would someone else that you love and do what ever is necessary to help yourself. Recreate your own world, value the solitude that you now have, remove all reminders of your ex-bo, and be patient with yourself. It takes time to move on. Good Luck

Well if you like each other, maybe it's just a good idea to take a break. My brother recently took a break from his girlfriend because she had too much going on in her life. (her house burnt down)

But if you just plain out don't want to like him anymore i would say take some time to yourself and hang out with those who love and care for you, friends and family. They will help you get over it and distract you from spending every thought on him.

but do not just move onto another person, unless you are ready. Rebounds always hurt the person you are becoming involved with, and they don't help you get over your emotions they transfer them to another person.

i dont think ne 1 can reli get over sum1 but all u can do is go and have sum u tym and stop dwelling on the past it will really help u. now go and have sum fun:):):):)

take a vacation preferably in rio de janairo

ask another guy out