do puerto ricans need any type of docement to come to the united states of america?

Favorite Answer

Why would they??? They are born American Citizens.. just like someone born in the US.. they are a territory- they can come and go as they please

No, puerto ricans are US Citizens. Traveling between Puerto Rico and US is like traveling between any of the states. Regardless that Puerto Rico is not a state of the Union.

THE PEOPLE OF PUERTO RICO ARE CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES LIKE ANY BODY ELSE. THE ISLAND OF PUERTO RICO IS A TERRITORY OF THE U.S. PUERTO RICANS NEED NO TYPE OF DOCUMENTATION TO TRAVEL TO THE U.S. ALL WE HAVE TO DO IS BOARD A PLANE. THE ONLY RESTRICTION THAT PUERTO RICANS HAVE IS THAT THEY DO NOT VOTE IN PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION DUE TO THE FACT THAT WE ARE NOT A STATE AND THEIR FORE HOLD NO ELECTORAL VOTES.

FOR ALL OF YOU THAT SAID YES IT WOULD DO YOU SOME GOOD TO LOOK IT UP BEFORE SPEAKING ABOUT SOMETHING YOU DON'T KNOW ABOUT.

Source(s): BORN IN PUERTO RICO RAISED IN NYC.

I don't know for sure, but I would guess they would need a passport for sure. Other than that, I am not sure. Puerto Rico is a commonwealth of the United States, so it's citizens are "americans".

we never did but they say as of 2007 we will I dont think we should if we are puerto rican

Just a regular ID, like we all need. Technically, they're already Americans.

nope we're already us citizens

they need a green card same as any other person who wants to become an american citizen

• ?

yes

no they are already here.