how do you know who is at fault when in a wrek. I lost traction and had a green light.what do i say in court?

i am 16 and this is my first crash. my car was the one with damage

• kate d
    Favorite Answer

You lost traction, so you lost control, so you are at fault. What you say in court is entirely up to you but if you are guilty, pretending that you are not guilty annoys the law and the punishment may be harsher than it could be if you accept responsibility for actions.

Good luck, safe driving.

You say I had a green light and lost traction. Doesn't mean you'll win, but always tell the truth; it keeps things simple and you don't have to remember what lies you've told.

• kja63

You tell your side of the story to your insurance company. The other person tells their side of the story to his/her insurance company. Any witnesses tell their side of the story to both insurance companies. The police reports (if applicable) are files with both insurance companies.

Then the insurance companies battle it out amongst themselves. Just be as honest and accurate with your version of the events as you can be. Write down dates, times, and details. Draw pictures. Turn everything in to your insurance company and keep copies for yourself. Any testimony you give over the phone to your insurance company should be recorded. Make certain that they record it. Get the name of the claims adjuster and write down her name, the date & time of the recording, etc...

need more info.

where did you hit the other car, how did you loose traction, spinning tires or poor weather?

Did you rear end someone else?

did the other guy hit you from the side?

Need more info buddy

I think it depends on the police report, but just be honest what happened during the accident.

If you do not have an eye witness and no citation was issued, chances are you're pretty screwed. Sorry, man, I've been there.