already pregnant and flu?

Hi,

has anyone else gotten the flu while pregnant? I woke up with a very bad case of it. I am 13 weeks. This morning I vomited every 10 minutes, around 12 is slowed down to every 20 minutes. I cant keep in any fluids and my body aches sooo bad. I was just wondering, when you called your doctor, what did they advise you? Did you go to the hospital? Was your baby okay?

I called my doctor and they said there was nothing they could do. I was just wondering if you were advised differently... I know to do what the doctor told me... so please- no "listen to what your doctor told you" answers. I just wanna know your experiences?

Favorite Answer

try to keep fluids down... if you can't you need to advise your dr. of this... I couldn't keep anything down when I was about 21 weeks and my dr. wanted me to go to emergency room (he wasn't in the office that day) and he treated me there (basically phenegran and saline...) I stayed for about 3-4 hours and he let me go home!!

Good Luck and God Bless

congrats on the baby!!

Try to get some fluids in you you don't want to dehydrate and don't take any medication except for maybe a tylenol. Hope you feel better soon.

Mommy of 4

You can take nyquil while pregnant. thats what my doctor told me. day quil is good too. Also try to sleep as much as you can and try to hold down something . try only clear liquids at first. i had the flu while pregnant with my second son and he was just fine. Also i had food posining with the first one and he was fine. good luck

call your doctor. When i was sick i was told i could take Childrens Robittusin (spelling) b/c it doesn't contain alcohol. but call your doctor he will be able to tell you.

• Drink fluids.

Coach