Should free speech be moderated by religion?

22 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

NEVER

the moment there is moderation of free speech , freedom of speech itself ceases to exist.

personally i think religion should be moderated. it seems to have gotten out of hand millenia ago. it has too much power. it seems to brainwash most people who cannot apply a filter of common sense to what outdated beliefs teach.

thats exercising my freedom of speech, yell if u wanna.

• Kithy
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

No. It wouldn't be Free Speech if it was moderated by one group over another. Keep religion out of Secular Laws.

• 1 decade ago

You are kidding, right. Free speech is a right given by the government and only the government should moderate it, with the permission of the people!

• 1 decade ago

No, but we can certainly remember to respect religion when exercising our right to free speech. Unless maybe the whole point is to disrespect religion, then, of course, you have the right to do so, if you like. At least in public or on your own property.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Moderation denotes lack of freedom. Free speech needs no moderation.

• Gem
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Religions can control or moderate anything they want within the confines of their church and in their correspondence. That's their right in this country.

But someone else's religion should never control or moderate MY rights to free speech and freedom of religion provided to me by the US Constitution.

• C
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Free speech is essential to Freedom and Free Will.

You can't really Love God without Free will.

Jesus did not want a Religious Theocracy, neither do I.

Peace and God Bless!

• 1 decade ago

no, for free speech means exactly that freedom of speech so each individual has a right to say what they think is right on any subject even if no one else agrees with them.

• 1 decade ago

No, under any circumstances. If the religion falls apart under any criticisms, it can't be very solid.

• 1 decade ago

It wouldn't be free speech then, would it?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.