JC asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 decade ago

MIlitary pay for married couple?

how much does the military pay someone who is married and just started their active duty?

Favorite Answer

check out this site..its very helpful

http://www.militarypay.com/

The military pay is just like any other job it provides you with a paycheck. Depending on rank you get a BAH or housing on post if you have a family.

your housing allowance is meant to put a decent roof over your family's head. the military pay chart is based partly on civilian pay, so if you are at the time of your career where you need both spouses to work to support a family than thats about what you are going to make in the military as well. If the person if brand new than you will be the same as the bottom of the totem pole of making the money.

I keep telling my soldiers about this all the time when they go in debt, sir, I am the only person that makes the money to support my wife and two kids, and that person is 21 or something like that. What job out there for your skill level will support a 4 person family when you are 21? Exactly, I make pretty darn good pay for a single person but I have a friend and co-worker who is struggling because his wife cant find a decent job, and he is working for two people.

Each individual in the military qualifies for single benefits, like housing. If two military members are married to each other, both would qualify for the single rate Basic Allowance for Housing(BAH). If that same couple has children, one of them can get the BAH for dependents which is a higher rate, the other would still get BAH for single.

If only one person is in the military, the BAH will be at the With Dependents rate.

Source(s): Retired Air Force (all services pay the same)

Not a whole lot. My hubby and I were married when he was in the Marines and he figured out it was about 28 CENTS an hour cause you are paid for 24/7. Ask your local military office, they are there to answer all of your questions. But from my experience it is not a lot at all, especially w/ a baby. My advice would be for her to get a job too.

there are two different types of BAH (basic allowance of housing) with and without, if you are married to a civilian you get the with. if you are married to someone else in the military with a child one person gets without and the other(higher rank) gets with dependents rate. if you both are in the military and E5 or under your command has to give you a memo to let you get live off base and you both would get with out. if you live in on-post housing you lose the bah. if you are getting BAH you also get full BAS and that is 272.26 per month. BAH depends on where you are stationed and your rank.

Source(s): i am army finance

Married BAH. Google it.

I am not sure, but military benefits are one reason many people rush into marriage before their spouse is sent to war. Also, many people get "warped" into marriage without any reason simply to recieve these benefits.

Depends on rank, officer or enlisted, etc.

Not much..

Source(s): The only two defining forces that have ever offered to die for you was Jesus Christ and the American soldier. One died for you soul and the other for your freedom. Never forget God and Country!

seems like wale-fare to me.