97 grand am leaking anti-freeze?

It is a four cyl and I do not believe the oil is mixing with the anit-freeze.

Favorite Answer

do you know for sure where you're leaking fluids? i'd clear up any bad hoses before pouring that stop leak crap in my radiator. if it's not getting in with teh oil just leave it alone

in case you had a significant leak on the Water Pump it particularly is extremely a threat that different leaks will possibly no longer have shown up on the preliminary rigidity attempt - direction of least resistance and all that. besides the fact that, if that they had carried out their job superb they might have carried out a 2nd rigidity attempt AFTER changing the WP. in the adventure that your Grand Am has the three.1L V6 engine then i can very very nearly assure your decrease intake manifold gasket is leaking and effective has been for years. all of them do ultimately. it particularly is extremely a threat to leave out this on a Cooling gadget rigidity attempt besides the fact that it particularly is unbelievably glaring to verify visually by way of fact the leak is exterior and continually occurs in the comparable places. At my shop each and each GM motor vehicle with this engine gets visually checked for a decrease intake gasket leak. this is only SOP. Timing cover gasket? do no longer see lots of those leaking yet i think it particularly is a threat. I advise you have the save rigidity attempt it and tutor YOU the place it particularly is leaking at the same time as they're testing it.

Sounds like a pressure leak.

Replace the radiator cap first.

Then try a product like Radweld, this should fix any core leaks.

Check all the hose connections as well.

I guess you mean that you are losing coolant internally but it is not goin into the crankcase? If so I would check headgaskets first. That is your usual culprit of internal coolant leaks.

Source(s): General Motors Area Service Manager