Mail man gift?

What should I buy my mailman? He's about a 60 some Filipino man...super extra nice! He's like extremely extremely nice, last year we gave him a jar or almonds, what do you think is a good gift for him this year?

Favorite Answer

I would get him a gift certificate or maybe you can get him a nice set of gloves, a hat, and a scarf to keep him warm.

By law, postal workers are not supposed to accept cash gifts. Some dried fruits (especially mango or pineapple) would be good. Or a jar of macademia nuts. Cookies are risky because some ppl who are actually from the Philippines didn't grow up eating American cookies and might not like them. I knew a guy from the Philippines who didn't like chocolate (he said he never ate it til he was 25 years old).

• Faith

• For your mail carrier: Paul Harrington, spokesman for the U.S. Postal Service says a code of ethics prohibits mail carriers from accepting cash and gifts over $20. The best gifts are hot drinks such as coffees and cocoas and homemade gifts such as cookies or candy and fruit that can be shared with other postal workers, he said.

emily post says: Letter carriers --U.S. government regulations permit carriers to accept gifts worth up to $20 per occasion, not cash

• ?

Make a cookie that is from a Filipino recipe. I'm sure you could search the Yahoo! Search engine for Filipino desserts and find something that would amaze him. If you give him something that is of his culture - that he realizes you did special for him - that would mean alot I'm sure.

This is the kind of person that gift certificates were made for. How about one for a restaurant (not fast food)?

We usually leave a tin of Snickers for our Mailman.

A gift card to video store so can pick a movie he likes. You can give him anything that's not personal.

A nice jar of nuts!

Put some home baked goodies in a nice pretty wrapping and put it in your mailbox with a nice Christmas card.

you ought to grant him a extreme-high quality kick-knack from a TJ-Maxx form place, or in the event that they have not got something stable, a extreme-high quality $25-50 present card to a eating place could be extreme-high quality, yet i think of he could like a funky kick-knack greater efficient. probably Mail-proper.