Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusic · 1 decade ago

Help! I can't sing?

I usually have a great singing voice- i can immitate shakira, beyonce and other great artists. I have a really high singing range and sing opera. This is a God-givin tallent that I have never had lesson for. Last year I had viral tonsilitus and this year I've had strep and I'm home sick again today. Every time I try to sing high notes I cough up this stuff, its not mucus, its large chuncks of dead tissue and it gags me. Is there anything I can do to help it go away so when I get better my voice will not be damaged?

the doctor says its normal after getting over strep.

• erin7
    Favorite Answer

If the doctor says it's normal it probably is. I suggest seeing a vocal coach (who may reccommend a doctor who specializes in singers) to get back into your range. Other than that you may not want to be hitting high notes for a while whiel you recover.

Don't sing, don't talk. Drink lots of fluids and go see a doctor. Just let your voice rest until you are feeling well again (it may take a week or two). You don't want to hurt yourself.

Have you seen the doctor about this? The biggest mistake you can make is to try and sing before your throat has fully healed.

Maybe go to a vocal coach. They can probably teach you singing techiniques that will help that stop happening.

you might want to go see a doctor. that may be why you are getting sick...you may have an infection in your throat

Just don't try out for American Idol. oh, and see a doctor.