Should I break up with my boyfriend?

He and I have been going out for almost a year and half. Yesterday, we got in a big fight and he told me that in the first month or so of our relationship he was using me because he wanted pleasure and things like that (which he didn't get). I feel betrayed and I don't know if I should stay with him because I know he really loves me or try and move on because of what happened a long time ago. Any advice?

Favorite Answer

well if it started out like that. thats messed up. but if you know now that he really cares for you then you should talk to him. and found out the whole story

if you ask the question then you know the answer. It seems he has already broken up with you and is using you like a tool. If you feel like you may be able to change him and deep down he is a really nice guy then think again. You sound young and he is very inmature for using you. He has betrayed you (your words) and used you and now is your turn to trun around and get yourself and your mind together and get on with your life. The true person will come to you eventually...but not this one.

In my opinion if he didn't get to use you like he said in the beginning and he stayed with you he really does love you. You got into a fight right, well haven't you ever said something you didn't mean to hurt the other person out of anger? (not that its right) but it sounds to me that's what he did. If you love him stay with him and talk it out, if you don't and this is just an excuse to get rid of him break up. Good Luck

That was the past and if your going to live in the past and not look at the relationship that you have built since then.... then yes you should break up with him but if you guys truly care about each other now then no work out your problems

Was he saying this to make you mad? Did you maybe say something that hurt him? That's how guys come back w/ stuff..they something that they know will hurt you. If you feel like you 2 REALLY love eachother, I don't think you should break up w/ him over words. If he acts like that and says things like that all the time, then that's something to think about.

Be understanding. Love takes time to grow. A fight does not have to be the end. It just clears the air.

Alot of people start of a relationship for the wrong reasons. Whats important is how you both feel about each other now.

The past is the past. He obviously liked you enough to still go out with you without the "pleasures" being offered. So let it go.

• Jenny

Sometimes people lash out in the middle of a fight. If he doesn't appoligize and say that he didn't mean it then you need to consider breaking up with him.

Don't go by words said in a fight. Go by the things he does for you every day.