buying a home in the city of san francisco?

have you lived in the city of san Francisco? I’m looking to buy a home there and wanted to know what others experiences have been like.

for example, how would you rate the parks? what is your opinion of the schools? is it safe? good night life? etc... the list goes on.

• Lexy
    Favorite Answer

I'm a native. and the public school system sucks only move if you can pay for private. The night life is great, there are also a lot of great reataurants and there so much to do within driving distance ( Napa- for good wine, Monterey- for the surfing, Stanford-for the medical center and the university. I was born and raised in the bay area and i personally think its a great place to live. And there are outlying cities with great public school systems.

Source(s): You also have to make six figures at least to afford living in the city.

If you have that kind of money, I think I'd like to propose to you.

SF is very expensive, for owning or renting. The city has a great lifestyle, even if you are straight (although if you are politically conservative and that is important you may be a bit uncomfortable).

It's a great place to live if you have beaucoup bucks. A home that one would consider "average" often sells for upwards of $500,000. Do some research on home prices, neighborhoods, etc. at http://www.home-listings.org/San-Francisco-Real-Es...

Source(s): Internet (and I have 2 grown kids living in San Fran)
  • kettie

call the city and ask them. WIth each and each and every of the adjustments happening presently, guidelines and guidelines are being replaced each and each day. i must be honest to the renter to enable htem comprehend this is going on too, you by no skill comprehend, if approached about this, if htey love the position they stay they could conform to operate this to thier employ, a years properly worth divided with techniques from 12.

The city is small (copmared to L.A.), expensive and very liberal, if not radical. At least that's how I felt when I first went there. If you made a decision to move, good luck.

VERY EXPENSIVE