Who are some good 50's people i could dress up as for my history project?

I am a girl.... (thats key) and i have a huge history project coming up where i need to dress up as someone in the 50's and im sorta stuck. Can someone help.

Favorite Answer

Here's a list of some famous women of the 50's that I got from http://www.fiftiesweb.com/pop/famous-people.htm

Marilyn Monroe

Real Name: Norma Jeane Mortenson or Baker

Born: 6/1/26 in Los Angeles, California

Died: 8/5/62

Legendary actress and star of such films as Gentlemen Prefer Blondes (1953) and Some Like It Hot (1959). She was married to baseball legend Joe DiMaggio and playwright Arthur Miller (see Arts). She died of an overdose of sleeping pills, which probably was suicide.

Elizabeth Taylor

Born: 2/27/32 in London, England

Actress. Her films include National Velvet (1944), A Place in the Sun (1951), Giant (1956) and Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (1958), and Cleopatra (1963). She won Oscars for Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? (1966) and Butterfield 8 (1960). Taylor has been active in fundraising for AIDS-related causes. Her former husbands include Eddie Fisher, Richard Burton (twice) and most recently construction worker Larry Fortensky. Click Here for full list of her hubbies!

Doris Day

Real Name: Doris von Kappelhoff

Born: 4/3/24 in Cincinnati, Ohio

A singer, actress who was America's No.1 female box office attraction during the late 1950s and '60s. Doris Day starred in a number musicals, comedies, and thrillers, including The Pajama Game (1957) and Pillow Talk (1959), often pairing with Rock Hudson. She later left films to star in the popular TV sitcom The Doris Day Show (1968–73). Her hit songs include Que Sera Sera.

Lucille Ball

Born: 8/6/11 in Jamestown, New York

Died: 4/26/89

Zany comedienne best known and loved for I Love Lucy (1951–57). Lucille Ball won 8 Emmys over the years of her career. Her films include Stage Door (1937) and Mame (1974). She was married to Cuban bandleader Desi Arnaz, with whom she had children Desi Arnaz, Jr. and Lucy Arnaz and later to Gary Morton.

I hope this helps. Have fun with your project and good luck!!

Marilyn Monroe, Rosa Parks, Malcum X (I don't think gender prohibits), the young Jacqueline Kennedy

The fonz, sandra dee, anyone from the movie Grease.

M.Monroe