How do you get a copy of your property lines and property around you in map form?

8 Answers

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    As others have pointed out, your best bet (if you don't have one with your home's paperwork from when you purchased) is your local municipality or local government office. Your other option (if you can't get one there) is to have a survey of your property done. This can include a drawing of your property and the property boundaries, but won't include much of your surrounding environment -- just a small amount of the properties that border on yours.

    Source(s): Financial writer for
  • One clarification to the previous posts: DO NOT USE A TAX MAP! What you are seeking is a PLAT MAP.

    In most areas they are two different things. Tax maps are usually not intended to be the arbiter of where a particular property line is. A plat map is almost always the result of a survey and has a surveyor's seal on it.

    Source(s): Realtor/Broker in NC
  • wetzel
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

    Use google Earth edit: there will be a button that announces "draw a path". you're able to do the comparable element on Google Maps yet you may not save or print an arial version of the map. With Google Earth you additionally can insert pictures and trademarks. Edit: in case you prefer greater desirable strains get a survey. you ought to use the "ruler" function on Google Earth to confirm what number ft your line is. you will get a replica of the Survey from the MLS linked information assuming the broker has one.

  • kate
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

    I got mine from the county office that keeps the records of all the properties. (cost me $4)

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    Tax maps are in your town offices or county offices. Cost from 50 cents to $1.25.

    Source(s): An Agent
  • 1 decade ago

    You can usually find something telling you the exact information in your house deeds and sometimes even a map.

    If you don't have that information, you can also find something on file at your town's building and planning department.

  • 1 decade ago

    Look in your house papers or go to the permit office.

  • 1 decade ago

    From your house deeds................

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.