the safety tool removal?

It is my understanding that the safety tool is a homepage hijacker that was installed by a trojan offering fake anti-spyware. Can anyone please instruct me on how I go about removing this crap from my computer? Thanks

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I recommend superantispyware. It will fix that problem. It is very effective and it is free.

• I use and reccomend only Ad-Aware from http://www.lavasoft.com./ It is not the only spyware removal tool out there, but I know beyond a doubt that Lavasoft is legit, makes a good product and updates the definition files regularly. You should begin your cleanup up by removing the known bad software that you have. Go to Add or Remove Programs and begin uninstalling. If you run into trouble removing anything manually you will need to boot to something called Safe Mode. To get into the Windows XP Safe mode, as the computer is booting press and hold your "F8 Key" which should bring up the "Windows Advanced Options Menu" as shown below. Use your arrow keys to move to "Safe Mode" and press your Enter key. If you get the "Stuck Key" error restart your PC and press F8 about once per second during the start up.

You will need to have downloaded and updated Ad-Aware with teh latest definition files before enetring Safe

Mode as you will not have network access. Run Ad-Aware and clean up any detected malware. Reboot and do it again until Ad-Aware detects nothing. You will need to do the same with your Anti-Virus software to remove the trojan as Anti Spyware will not detect viruses. Reboot normal and log in as usual. Create a new basic user account for yourself. In the future you should use your PC while logged in with teh basic user account. Only use accounts with Adminitstrator rights when you are managing the configuration of your PC. This will keep you much safer on the internet and disallow most malware form damaging your PC.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Thesafetytool.com is a home page hijacker that is installed by a trojan called Zlob which masquerades as media codec. You probably tried to watch some video clip and were directed to download the fake codec, after which the trojan infected your PC. To remove thesafetytool.com, download and scan your PC with SpyNoMore, it seems to be the most accurate program in detecting zlob infections.

http://www.spynomore.com/thesafetytool.htm

By the way it is not free, but then again you should really question any so-called free solution. Isn't that how your computer got infected in the first place?!. The free scan will only check your system and show you the infections. If you choose to remove them, be prepared to pay.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

let work this out and fix da problem your pc has been hijacked malware . this is easy to fix

how you will fix this . you need this anitspyware to rid all of that spyware & malware on ur pc

AD-aware - personal

avg antispyware

spybot search and destory

anitspyware blocker

A-squared

spyware doctor

xoftspy

you download them . then you run 1 at a time to scan ur pc . use deep scan with them all .when found spyware or addware .malware .trojan in da scan . just hit on delete.also have registry machanic . that will clean up ur pc registry you want to use a good anitivurs .. Kaspersky .antivirus is verry good .when you have scan ur pc .and remove da malware . then start pc in safemode and scan da pc again as in safe mode it will do a even more deep scan for spyware or malware or trojans you will not need to format da pc at all you can remove any spyware or trojan malware in da way i told you how to it is easy

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

good antispyware is adaware

www.lavasoft.com

se personal its free

after downloaded, check for update, and reboot than do a full scan

spybot also is a good choice

• 1 decade ago

google superantispyware and use it it worked for me

• 1 decade ago

run ewido online scanner.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.