Is anybody here dating a married person?

If a married couple has separated, how long does it take for the marriage to be dissolved or to be invalidated --- given that they have no contact or no communication at all for 3 years now? Is it true that the marriage is technically voided after 5 or 7 years of no connection and without going through the courts?

Favorite Answer

~NO! It doesn't matter how long they've been separated or haven't seen each other, they still aren't divorced. NO truth to the 5-7 year myth.

It differs for each couple, depending on how long they've been married, if they have children, or own property. Mine took about a year, and took having an attorney.~

• albert

1 year of separation , then they can file for a divorce but some states i think it can be done in a matter of a few months, I had a relationship with a woman who was separated for 10 years she promised to get a divorce cause we got engaged,trust me this will never happen,I kicked that woman to the curb and will never talk to her again, she has called many times thank God for Caller id haha

I do believe they are still married if they haven't gotten a divorce. I am in the same situation right now, just waiting for the final divorce before we can move on.. My choice, but until the divorce is final.. I don't want to be the "other" women.

• tipper

No, they still need to get divorced as they'll still be married on paper.

Yeah. My wife.