Dianna
Dianna asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 1 decade ago

is this common?

to have 2 middle names?

Favorite Answer

yes my girl has 4 in memory of others.She was a miraclr baby.

It's very common for royalty to have up to 4 middle names, but the recent trend in this country is to give 2 middle names to babies.

I think now it is becoming more common and popular...I see no problem with having 2 middle names..

No. I've only seen 1 person with 2 middle names and I think it would be too confusing to have 2 middle names.

• Esma

No, it's not common. I think, in my 20 years of life, I've only known 1 person with two middle names.

More and more babies are being given two middle names because of different backgrounds/heritages/cultures. Parents want to represent each different background with a name. I think it's cool, and it's not like the child will be forever stuck writing a long name- most people very rarely write their whole name. I'd say go ahead, if that's what you want.

My sister has 2 middle names, but I don't know how common it is. I only have one, and my best friend doesn't even have one, so whatever is ok.

i wouldn't say it's common but i think there are plenty of people with 2 middle names

Yes I do. Sometimes the parents want to name the kid after someone in the family but want to give him a different name so they may use 2 names. I honestly think its a good idea to do it.

I think it is rather common. My son has two middle names!

• Lilly

my

Great grand father-William Jackson Grant

Grand father-Orville John Paul

Father-Ronald Matthew Glen

Brother- Jeremy JonCarroll

Son-Brandon Jon Guard

All have 2 middle names. it's tradition. there are women in my family with 2 middle names also. i don't think it's that uncommon.