Freedom is worth fighting for?

Are we free?

Do all of our shakkles come from our own fellow man

Ob1

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I think it is and I'm not the only one who says that. There are plenty of historical facts to prove that.. but i don't want to talk about them.. because everyone has his or her personal beliefs about freedom.

If u are asking if freedom exists.. that's a relative question.. with a relative answer. Like all abstract things that we want (happiness, love, affection) it's a passing moment that we barely recognize it.. and when we do.. it's too late.

Theoreticaly, you are free. You can speak your mind whenever u want to, u can do anything if u put your mind to it.. but you are in a way limited.. by your capacities, by rules.. ethical rules.. and by others.. Because we are so different.. we want different things.. my freedome may alter yours. If u understand what i am saying. I hope u do!

• 1 decade ago

As one races to expand their own rights it is at the cost of opressing another.

You cannot exercise freedom without opression of one group or another. To be truly free, you must be in the body of Christ. Not doing things for a reward, but because it is the best thing to do and the right thing.

IE: killing your neigbor in the name of war is still murder no matter how anyone justifies it. Luckily you can be forgiven sins, and we are all deceived.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Better to die a free man than to die from a man of tyranny.

Yes, freedom is worth fighting for.

• 1 decade ago

Our shackles are our own, created by us as we trade our liberties for our perceived security.

Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety (a quote attributed to Benjamin Franklin) still rings true to this day.

We are only as free as we allow ourselves to be. That said, because we are a culture and civilization, we are required to follow basic tenets to not infringe on the rights of others who share our culture and civilization.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

We are as free as we want to be. Sometimes, we are are own worst enemy, and choose to live a life of fear. Freedom comes from within.

• 1 decade ago

I have never met anyone truly free. Particularly in America. They don't even know what it means. They substitute the word ' libertine ' and call it freedom.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

we are the land of the free

• 1 decade ago

No Idea!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.