Who really eats their wedding cake after one year??

Does anyone really have the guts to eat their wedding cake on their 1 year anniversary???

Favorite Answer

Ours is frozen under two layers of plastic wrap and three wrappings of tin foil, waiting for 9/2/07. It's tradition!

It should be the top layer of the cake that you save for the one year anniversary. Everyone I spoke to about this that did it said that it didn't taste good. I plan to do it. I think the idea is romantic, and hopefully there is a way or will be a way to better protect it - like those freezerr bags where you suck the excess air out of or something along that line.

I think that tradition was back when fruit cake was the standard...so that might hold up in the freezer if well wrapped after a year. Hate to think how non-fruit cake would taste yuk!

I'm really fussy about freshness lol so no it's not something I would do.

A lot of the time the cake has been saved improperly and isn't edible after a year...a few couples do not save the top of the cake and opt to make a replica on their anniversary.

My best friend frozen her cake and on her 1 year anniversary she her husband ,her mom, myself (I was maid of Honor and paid for half the cake)and my sister had a piece it was still good I think it's sweet and we all had a great time remembering that day. I say go for it. And if your not brave enough get a replica done of the toper and enjoy you anniversary

I don't know, but eating wedding cake is the number one reason men don't get sex after they are married! I know this is true because a really old barber at the barber shop explained this theory to me and some other men along time ago!

MEN!! DO NOT EAT WEDDING CAKE! DON'T DO IT IF YOU WANT TO EVER HAVE SEX WITH YOUR WIVES AGAIN!!!!

Source(s): DANG IT! I ATE IT!!

We did and it was still good. We had really wrapped it up well and it did last. We ate it with some champagne.

The secret was it had been done in royal icing and it was the classic fruit cake that old fashioned wedding cakes were made of.

I ate mine way before. But I worked in a grocery store bakery and I'm here to tell you that you all have had cake that is a year old or more. It still taste good.

I did, it was kind of sweet to remember the day. We are divorced now and I am remarried...lol.

I wouldn't even get a cake again (and didn't this last time), it's a waste of money and no one really wants cake anyway....I would save the cake money and spend it on champagne!!!!!!

LOL- that's funny cause I ask my baker the same question.

It's suppose to be for good luck.

And she told me lots of people do it and tell her the cake was as good as the wedding day. You just have to be really careful about how you freeze it.

I might try it :)