Is it possible to have DSL service without home phone service?

I would like DSL service but I'm not sure if this is possible if I don't have a home phone #. I am trying to avoid getting a landline because I only use my cell phone as my primary phone. Is a working home phone # required or only a working phone jack?

Favorite Answer

It's called naked DSL... not all carriers support this. My company does not.. but we are ramping up to offer this. . . it's a matter of how you track the customer since we currently track via phone #.

Since DSL [Digital Subscriber Line] comes from the phone company, they usually insist you have phone service too.

The one DSL company I worked for insisted you had to have phone service as well [but they were also leasing their lines from that company, so it was a mutual thing].

IMO, If a company lets you have just DSL without the land line, they are going to make you pay through the nose for it.

Also, keep in mind that a lot of DSL companies make you sign a contract, and there are charges like "cost recovery fees" that make that attractive $29.99 turn out to be a good bit more when all is said and done.

Yes Tiff, i had DSL for years and just added a phone to the cable bill (bundle). You have to get cable tv though,Have a great day!

You can get DSL/broadband service through cable or satelite companies in your area. If you have cable or satelite service for your TV, you can get DSL.

that would depend on the provider. ask the local provider of DSL but you may find that even if you don't use the hard line number that you will have one.

get road runner...you don't need a landline for this...just cable

Try comcast.

no i dont think so