HELP! I need a speech topic.?

I need to "praise" something/someone in a speech. Can you please help me with a topic?

Favorite Answer

Marie Curie, the first double Nobel laureate in history! That's a person you can talk about a lot!

I think the US Constitution and its many amendments is a fitting thing to praise. It was the first of its kind and it is still in force; the US is still a nation. It is responsible for holding a nation of immigrants together and making it the best representative democracy on earth. We are all immigrants since no man originated in the Americas. We have had our problems, and we are still trying to solve some of them, but we are a nation of laws, not despotic strong-men. Our government and officials are not perfect but our found fathers' noble experiments still survives.

Goodness praise technology and how far it's come since the first televisions and computers in the 50s!! That would be the perfect subject to praise because if you didn't have technology, you wouldn't be able to get on Yahoo Answers and get all these fabulous answers hehe.

Check out http://www.classtopic.com/ They have some great topics that I've used in the past. Each topic has three good sources to get you started on the research, too.

Source(s): ClassTopic.com

Try your grandparents, it's always a good topic. you can make up a lot of stuff and the teacher will never know. Teachers are suckers for family members. Another good topic might be any u.s. or all u.s. soldiers.

Oparh Winfrey! Does great things for other's every day! There's alot of information about her on the net, dating way back of all the nice things she's done. She even has a Angel Network, she's amazing!

how about doing a speech on your role model or someone you respect. When I had this topic I did it on my grandfather

Your parents

Your favorite author

Your favorite video game system

Your best friend

Your teacher (flattery? lol!)

Ppl who have fought to make you life better (i.e: soldiers, ancestors, parents, etc)

A college U like

A play/musical/TV show U like

Favorite artist (not necessarily musical artist)

Family member who's inspired you

That's all I can think of right now.

Michael J Fox for his work on Parkinson's disease....he has his own foundation.....that has raised 85 million since Nov 2000....

Praise ARPANET... the first TCP standard which started the interent