A wedding from the heart or a planned wedding from my parents?

I know it sound really stupid but this is for real. My parents are really old fassion and have arranged for me to marry this one man I barrly even know. And I have a man I really love that my parents don't know about and we want to run away together and have our baby together. And yes he's the father of my baby. and no one knows that but him and I and now you.

Favorite Answer

Take control of your own life. Nobody has the right to tell a person

what to do with his/her life. You are the one living it, it belongs to you and you alone.

Arranged marriage is a thing of the past. You are not a piece of property to barter or sell.

Listen to your heart, go with what it tells you is the right thing.

You are the one who will or will not be happy.

Best to you on this one. Sincerely, Jerry

Can you even speak to your parents about this situation?

I think you and your man should open up to your parents about this. Also, you mite want to contact this man you are supposed to marry, see what he thinks about it. The best thing for you of course is to be happy but, you need to make a decision that won't hurt others. Running away with your "boyfriend" and having his baby without your parents knowing about it is a bit selfish. Above all, you are their "child". Leaving can break their heart as well.

wow, this must be a really tough situation for you to be in. this is going to be very difficult, but you're going to need to tell your parents thanks, but no thanks with the whole arranged marriage thing. you have a man that you love that loves you back, and you're bringing a baby into the world together, and that is much more important than worrying about hurting your parents' feelings. besides, that other man would most likely change his mind about marrying you when he discovers you're having another man's baby. your parents are going to have to accept that times have changed, and it's your responsibility to make the decisions for your life. you have to do what is best for you and your baby. your parents are going to have a very hard time accepting this, but it's the right thing to do. i wish you the best of luck.

Your baby deserves the best environment and love that could be provided by his/her parents. Marriage is a serious proposition, so don't marry someone you don't know or love. If you are old enough to know you want to have this baby, then it is time for you to speak frankly to your parents about your man and your baby.

Go with your heart...but if you do, then be prepared for a backlash from your parents and family. It sounds like they are already going ot disown you since you got pregnant with another man, so you'd might as well marry him...

• AnnieD

Marry the father of your baby and tell your parents the truth before their weddiing plans for you go any further!

If you want to be happy marry the man you love.