zelda0553 asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Does the South Beach Diet really work? How long does it take to see results?

Is it better to use the recipes or the prepackaged foods?

Favorite Answer

Here is a secret: diets don't work. They may help you lose weight, but once you go off the diet, you are likely to gain the weight back again. Gaining and losing weight many times can cause problems with your metabolism so that you won't be able to properly manage your weight.

Instead of thinking of diet in the terms of restricting the foods you are eating, think of diet as the foods you put into your body to give yourself energy. You've probably heard the saying about computers: "Garbage in, garbage out". Our bodies are much the same.

Focus on eating a healthy, well balanced diet. Limit refined sugars, white flour, and animal fats. Include lots of fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet, as well as beans, legumes, etc. These are all low in fat and high in fiber, which will help to curb your appetite.

• Yes, it works

How long it takes varies with the individual. However, it doesn't really matter how long it takes since it's intended to be a lifestyle, not a quick-fix diet.

Real food is always better than prepackaged, processed food.

• ?

Yes, it works. South Beach is the slowest of the low carb diets:

1) Kimkins (fastest)

2) Atkins

3) South Beach (slowest)

If you eat their food products and frozen meals it's really going to be slow.

Yes it does and you will see results in a week....and even moreso in 2 weeks. I do it everytime before I go on vacation when I want to lose weight fast. You could lose 15 pounds by Christmas if you were strict with it.

i dont really think that the south beach diet works. but it is less fattening than the other regualr stuff. and it tastes just as good. even tho i am preg i still use siuth beach diet salad dressing when i eat salads. and i havent really lost any weight. but good luck tryin to lose weight. you could do exercises. or go to the ymca i losed weight staying there 2 or 3 hours each time i went. but dont work yourself too much tho.

Hi, Do you want to lose weight & tone up, or build strength & muscle mass? I can help you. I am a personal trainer, bodybuilder & life coach with 25 years experience. Please contact me at dcprice1@shaw.ca Thanks.

neXgen bodysculpting