anniew213 asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

My possibly pregnant dog has loose stools, anyone know what might be causing this?

My dog recently had crystals in her urine and was on antibiotics. She is possibly pregnant and if so she is 3 weeks, I changed her food to nutro about a week and a half ago, I'm waiting on the vet to call me back now...I just wanted to know if anyone else had encountered this problem

Favorite Answer

Usually when you change a dog's food, they get diarrhea and it takes their body a bit of time to adjust. Also, if she's pregnant, she may have "stress diarrhea".

you should bring a sample and your dog to the vet just to be checked out, but change in food and stress from the pregnancy can cause loose stools, so i wouldnt be too worried (dont you get an upset tummy from time to time? you dont go runny to the drs tho, right?)

When my puppy has had the runs etc , my vet told me to feed him rice and steamed chicken or fish for a few days and everytime it worked, maybe add a little of this into its feeds.

You should definitely talk to your vet. However, this can be caused by changes in hormones because of her pregnancy.

You should talk to the vet about these clowns here will tell you any b.s. story to just get points.