cheekkkychik asked in PetsBirds · 1 decade ago

why does my parrot keep being sick on me?

my parrot keeps making himself sick on me and then tries to feed me his vomit. anyone know why?

Favorite Answer

Because that's how birds feed their young. It's a toss-up, but generally it's considered to be either a sign that he considers you a fledgling and is trying to help out, or a sign of affection, like he considers you a mate. There's not much you can do except avoid over-stimulating him when he's recently eaten.

Generally this is considered a sign of affection, as this is what bonding pairs do to each other. They feed and groom each other to encourage and grow their bond. They also feed their young this way.

I know this. Birds regurgatate (vomit) to feed to there young. the bird thinks that you are their young. its a sign of affection. almost like kissing. this might seem disgusting but it is their way of showing that they love you.

If it is a male then you better get used to it because generally that is a sign of affection.

This is a GREAT sign of affection! It has chosen you as its mate. You can't really stop it, its just something you're going to get used to!

It either thinks you are a baby, or it is a male & he is flirting with you...you may want to talk to an avian vet, I haven't heard good things about birds who want to mate with their owners...& I am not being a smart a$$ either, this is something serious. Ask your avian vet please??

no i dont!!!! look it up or go to the vet it might be a medical thing