Why are certain joints bothered by cold temperatures?

Favorite Answer

The fluid that helps them to bend easily may suffer from the exposure to cold, especially those that are really exposed (knees come to mind first)

This is called arthritis and can afflict the young and old, many different kinds out there. Cold temperatures are why places such as Arizona has so many people moving there.

Joints get inflamed (swell) in cold weather. Very painful...I have one braise on as I type and when I get the money I will get the other braises I need to replace...

If you have this problem too try soaking in a hot tub or hot bath, take ibuprofen (a inti inflammatory). There are also others out there..

• Mintee

the weather can possibly make the fluid in your joints swell and cause inflamation in the joints which causes pain...

• kg22

my knee is, but it's cuz of lack of cartilage aka arthritis :(

I'm only 23 too, and I feel like an old lady...i know when its' cold or gonna snow if my knee kills