how early can you turn in your tax returns?

i know they are due by April 15th... but when are you allowed to start??? And wil you recieve them earlier ??

Favorite Answer

You can submit as soon as you get all the paperwork to do so (the W2 is the key, as some employers are sluggish in getting them out).

I once filed as early as VAlentines Day (as my accountant was booked solid)

January 1st comes and you have all your tax documents/paperwork, then you may file. But the majority of tax documents are not due to be in your hands until January 31st, such as W-2s and 1099s. Therefore, you may be waiting until those are received to do your taxes.

You should (and mostly likely) receive your refund quicker if you file earlier due to the IRS having less returns to process in the early part of "tax season". Typical turnaround for paper returns is 6-8 weeks and returns filed electronically is 3-4 weeks. Filing earlier can cut that time done a big, whooping week or so.

I think that its when you first recieve your W2's it also depends on when they put out the new tax books. I alway turn mine in the first week of Feb and usually get my refund by early march if I mail them and within 7 to 10 days if i file electronically and use direct deposit.

You can file your income tax as soon as you get your W-2 from your employer. Yes you will get your refund quicker, obviously.

jan 1 is the earlist i think. and the quickest way to receive them quickly is by filing electronically. (but don't use h&r block, they rob ya)

Source(s): life

as soon as you get your tax information you can file.