Should I go to work tonight?

I don't HAVE to work tonight, but my boss said she could use my help. We have an inspection coming up this week. I worked and extra 2.5 hours last night. I only work a few hours a week. What should I do?

Ok, this is a part-time job in addition to my full time job, and there is no chance of promotion, and I don't want a promotion with this company.

Favorite Answer

Stay Home... Watch James Bond... Hook Up with Papa Burgandy...

Just the fact that she asks you probably means everyone else is inclined to turn her down. You should have the same privilege. Bosses are always needing help and you should have the option of being on call for them or not. Life is very hard when you have two jobs. Doing two jobs is too taxing anyway. If it does not put this second job in jeopardy, I would say conserve whatever down time you can have off from your jobs. Only commit to what hours you are scheduled. Why work all the time for money when you need to treat yourself to whatever time off you can manage. We all need this time to maintain healthy bodies and minds and work our regular hours with a happier attitude. No money will replace that.

Well if you don't have anything important to do today, I say you should go. It will look good on you since, your boss asked for your help. And Christmas is around the corner, so you could probably use the extra cash.

Source(s): ;-)

If your up to it then go and get some extra money. It's Christmas time anyway. And if your luck it might give you an extra boost for a promotion.

• Casey

Eh, I'd go in to work. Never hurts to do extra stuff at work (like working extra last night--that was cool of you), so you can get in good with the boss.

• Viki

Are you looking for a promotion anytime soon, or were you hired recently? If so, you should probably go. If your position is secure and you're not actively trying to move up, you could probably get out of it without any dire consequences.

• maren

this isn't even up for talk. To even evaluate those hacks to the Smashing Pumpkins is an insult to Billy Corgan and some thing of the Pumpkins. Time is by no skill time in any respect, you could by no skill ever go away.

• I think you should go to work personally because you could always find something to do with the extra money. Unless you have a steamy hot date. That's permissable reason to miss work.

If your boss said she could "use your help" I would take it to mean that she wants you there! Jobs are hard to find, I'd go in.

• al

If you need the money go, and remember what goes around comes around. When you need help from your manager she will remember that you pitched when when you did not have to do so. Besides what else are you doing tonight?