what is the name of an english song pop/rock early 70'?

?I was walking on the beach? "the end is almost near"

Favorite Answer

i dont know who sings it or if its the name of the song, but the chorus is "bennie and the jets" that may be the name of the song. also, that 'bye, bye, american pie' song...you know it goes:

bye bye miss american pie, drove the chevy to the levee but the levee was dry, them good ole boys was drinkin whisky and rye, saying this will be the day that i die

lol i like those songs and always hear them on commercials and in movies. also, i dont know the name of the song or who sings it but i think the name of it is 'too good to be true'. it goes like this

you're just too good to be true, cant take my eyes off of you, you be like heaven to touch, i wanna hold you so much, (something here i dont know the words), and i thank God you're alive, you're just too good to be true, cant take my eyes off of you

Maybe you're remembering it wrongly and it's "the race is almost run" ... if so, it would be "The Days of Pearly Spencer" by David McWilliams