Is physical beauty just to attract a mate?

And what about after you have 6 kids and you have already passed on your genes, do you need to stay beautiful to attract your mate?

Favorite Answer

beauty is given to you.

it is inherent in you.

it is not just to attract a mate.

you need to be/stay beautiful

seeing yourself as beautiful is part

(maybe even a symptom) of being happy with your life.

I'm not entirely certain. I think that most of what we consider beauty is just good health. Subconciously we want to pass good genes onto our children. But physical beauty only carries one so far...it's not, for example, an indication of parenting skills. As far as mates go..well the decision has already been made and now a lot of what you are talking about is emotional desire (sexual--but also much more solid emotional issues)...I don't know...do you need to stay beautiful, evolutionarily, to keep your mate interested so that you can continue your parenting together. Interesting question.

Yes, physical beauty attracts a mate, which is why we are so obsessed with our looks these days. If you've passed on your genes already, you may not want to attract a new mate, but it wouldn't hurt to take care of yourself so that you can retain the old one!

Yes. Being in a relationship is not all about child bearing. I think that part of love is physical attraction. If you were attractive when you got married to a person and then got fat and ugly, isn't that unfair to your mate? Also, I have sex for pleasure...if m mate is unattractive, I wouldn't be sexually drawn to him.

• angel

Physical beauty is an asset!

That's the hard part of it since u think ur physical beauty attracts ur mate, u have fear of loosing it, huh?....maintaining is hard!

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder! Beauty fades but not good characters!

Yes,. b/c he still has the same brain with the same anthropological programming, 6 kids or not.

I do things for myself. I don't care what others think. After living your whole life as a lesbian you learn this trick.

not really but to attract urself towards u....to continue ur love towards u n think tht is something natural in everybody....nobody wanna look old

Biologically yes.

Self esteem - definately yes.

if we were all blind then we would have to use other senses to find a mate. but for now it is visual.