Is it wrong for me to isolate myself from others including family?

I feel that I don't get the same respect from others as I give, inregards to differences in opinions and lifestyle.

Favorite Answer

no its not. i sometimes do the same thing. i drive a truck for a living and i love what i do and because i do not have a house, or apt and i have no bills, my family to include my g/f every week is asking me for money to help them with thier bills and i get tired of this so i stay away. so you are no wrong and u are entitled to your space.

No. Isolation isn't the answer. It only makes you feel more miserable in the end. Everyone has a difference in opinion, how you handle it is what may make a difference. If someone you're close to isn't respecting you, then talk with them about it & tell them you don't feel your opinions or views aren't worth anything to them. If it's a stranger, just go on about your merry way, because they probably don't respect themselves. Isolation only causes you to be depressed & detatched, & it won't stop there. Knowing when to & when not to voice your opinions can be quite the task, but if you work at it, you'll find a happy medium.

Tell them how you fell. All parties need to remember when you get involved in discussion not everyone is going to have the same opinion. Is it your lifestyle the disrespect?? If so then tell them if they can't accept you for who you are then you need to put some space between you and when they learn to respect you as an individual they know where to find you. They probably hold it against you because they are affraid of whatever it is and need to be educated. I would not isolate myself entirely because after being away for so long it sometimes easier not to go back.

yes it is wrong.